Mergui archipelago liveaboard
MV Bavaria is a Khao Lak liveaboard that was launched in December 2016. It offers a choice of itineraries:
This German owned and run boat is popular with German divers but also accommodates English speaking divers. Prices are good, especially if you want a private single cabin or have a non diving partner.
The itinerary includes Black Rock, Western Rocky and Shark Cave.
Bavaria also dives the Similan and Surin Islands so you can combine two trips for an epic Andaman sea safari.
- Max 24 guests
- 4 staff (max 6:1 diver to guide ratio)
- 24m length, 7m beam
- Lots of space. Large sun deck.
- NITROX is available.
- PADI advanced courses available on board.
- Free Wifi (when in range in the Similan Islands)
- Thai and European food. Served buffet style.
- 2 x deluxe double cabins with private en-suite bathroom forward on the main deck.
- 6 x comfort twin bunk cabins with private en-suite bathroom on the main deck
- 2 x comfort double cabins with private en-suite bathroom on the lower deck
- 2 x standard twin cabins on the upper deck
6 days 6 nights (23 dives) Mergui archipelago
- Deluxe double cabin with private bathroom (main deck forward): 56,500 baht per diver
- Comfort twin cabin with private bathroom (main deck): 52,500 baht per diver
- Comfort double cabin with private bathroom (lower deck): 50,500 baht per diver
- Standard cabin with shared bathroom (upper deck): 48,500 baht per diver
25% discount for non diving partners
Single supplement (not available for deluxe cabins): +50% surcharge
Price includes: Dive guide, 12 litre tanks, weights & belt, all meals, towels, round trip transfers from Khao hotels.
Price excludes: Equipment rental (600 baht/set/day), marine national park fees, nitrox (200 baht/fill), 15 litre tanks, torches, alcoholic drinks, Phuket hotel transfers, Mergui entry fees (US$230)..
Park fees: Myanmar = US$230
Phuket to Khao Lak transfers can be arranged for 1,500-2,500 baht/way (depending on hotel location). We recommend staying in Khao Lak prior to this liveaboard.
How to book this liveaboard: For advance bookings pay 10% deposit now to confirm your place, the balance is due 60 days before departure. Tell us the dates you want to book and we’ll email you booking instructions detailing inclusions, exclusions, payment schedule and methods. We accept major credit cards, paypal or bank transfer. We do not charge a fee for card payments.
EARLY BIRD OFFER: Book 3 months in advance with full payment for 5% discount.
6 nights with 6 days diving in the Mergui Archipelago
Day 1: Meet at the Khao Lak dive shop at midday, preparation of the equipment and completion of the formalities. Transfer by minibus to the harbour in Kuraburi or Ranong. Departure time is 15:30 and 17:00 hrs.
Day 2; 4 dives at High Rock, Rocky 1 and Shark Cave.
Day 3: 4 dives at Black Rock
Day 4: 3 dives around North Twin and a dive around South Twin.
Day 5: 4 dives at The Arch, Boulder Rock and McLeod Island.
Day 6: 2 dives at Fan Forest Pinnacle. 2 dives at Western Rocky.
Day 7: 1 dive at Shark Point and 1 dive at Secret Lagoon. Return journey to Kawthaung in Myanmar. On arrival in this busy commercial town on the border to Thailand, there is some time to visit the local market. After completing the border formalities with the Burmese authorities Bavria continues on to Kuraburi in Thailand, arriving at about 18:00 hrs. Minibus transfer back to Khao Lak.
*itinerary subject to change
28 Feb-6 Mar
28 Mar-3 Apr
25 Apr-1 May