Boutique Burma liveaboard
Giamani takes just 10 divers so you are assured of space and personal service on the boat and underwater. Giamani is a strong, reliable craft with all safety features in place, this is the type of boat that you want to be on in such a remote region as Burma. Built to IMO standards, Giamani was converted into a diving liveaboard in 2007 and has proved very popular with divers who prefer diving in small groups.
Giamani’s Burma trips include more than just the southern Mergui archipelago, the itinerary also includes Black Rock.
Ricardo, the multi lingual tour leader is on of the best dive guides around, he takes his guest’s comfort and enjoyment seriously.
“About the boat Giamani and the crew I can only be ravingly positive.
Extremely well organised, super personal service (almost embarrassing sometimes), great crew and super dive guides.
Ricardo is the face of the team, but the whole crew deserves a big thumbs up.” Full review on TA
- Completed in 1998, re launched for diving in 2007.
- 24m length, 6.5m beam.
- 2 x 230hp Nissan diesel engines 425hp engine.
- Max 10 guests in 4 deluxe cabins and one master cabin. Deluxe cabins have a double bed plus an additional single bunk.
- Staff speak English, German, Spanish, French, Portugese and Thai.
- Nitrox available.
- PADI and SSI dive courses are available on board.
- All cabins have quiet and controllable air conditioning units with directional air vents.
- All cabins have en-suite private bathrooms with hot water shower.
- Each cabin has enough power outlets for charging your electronics. Electricity is available 24/7.
- Each berth has it’s own fan and reading light. Each cabin has a minibar fridge.
- Delicious Thai and European food.
6 days 6 nights diving at the Mergui archipelago, Black Rock
- Deluxe twin or double bed cabin: 72,000 baht per diver
- Master cabin: 81,000 baht per diver
10% discount for non diving partners.
Liveaboard prices include:
Dive guide, all meals, soft drinks.
Liveaboard prices exclude:
Mergui entry fees, dive equipment rental, Nitrox, alcohol.
How to book this liveaboard: Tell us which trip you want to book and we’ll send you a booking form with instructions for payment. We accept online payment by credit card or paypal. We also accept bank transfers.
For advance bookings pay just 10% deposit now to confirm your place, the balance is due 60 days before departure.
Giamani Burma itinerary
Duration: 6 Days / 6 Nights (18 dives) to Mergui Archipelago, Black Rock and Burma Banks
Embark at Thap lamu pier (Khao Lak) on Friday afternoon at about 1500 hrs and cruise north to Ranong. Dinner is served on board. Transfers are provided from Phuket.
Check out of Thailand and into Myanmar at Kawtaung. When border formalities are completed there will be time for 2 afternoon dives around High Rock.
4 dives around the 3 islets / Shark Cave / In through the outdoor.
4 dives at Black Rock.
4 dives around Western Rocky and Fan Forest Pinnacle
Return to Kawtaung (previously Victoria Point) where there is some time for sightseeing and souvenir shopping around the town. Stamp out of Myanmar and back into Thailand at Ranong. Cruise south to Khao Lak where you will disembark Giamani in the evening.
*itineraries are subject to change.
Giamani Burma schedule
2-8 February 2018
2-8 March 2018
30 March – 5 April 2018