“Cheng I Sao” liveaboard
New in 2018. The Phinisi was custom built for diving in Indonesia in 2007 and has hosted liveaboards in Indo, Thailand and the Maldives. Now back in Thailand, she is cruising the best of the Andaman Sea and further north into Myanmar’s Mergui archipelago.
On board you will find 7 plush cabins with private bathrooms. Each cabin has individually controlled AC and fans. Choose between two double bed cabins, three twin bed cabins and two quad share cabins for a total of 18 guests.
Communal areas include an indoor lounge where you can relax, find the coffee machine, and the charging stations for your electronics. The Phinisi features a comfortable shaded outdoor area for relaxing and dining as well as a spacious dive deck. There is also a sundeck with cushioned loungers and bean bags to comfortably soak up the stunning Andaman sea views.
The food served on board is plentiful and delicious. It’s a mix of international and Asian cuisine served buffet style.
The atmosphere on board is relaxed and the crew makes you feel at home. The dress code is casual: shorts, t-shirts and bare feet.
- Built in 2007. Relaunched in Thailand in 2018
- Length 34m, breadth 8m, draft 2.4m
- Max 18 guests in 7 air conditioned cabins.
- Hull material: Wood
- Engines: 1 x 380 hp
- Generators: 2 x 50x
- Compressors: 2
- Nitrox available upto 32% (extra charge applies)
- Tanks are 12 litre aluminium. 1 litre tanks are available for an extra charge.
- Tank valves are DIN and INT fitting.
- Safety equipment: 2 x life rafts, EPIRB, VHF radio, EFR trained crew, First aid kit, emergency oxygen, sat nav, depth sounder, satellite phone, smoke detectors.
- Cruising speed: 8 knots
- Crew: 12
- PADI dive courses available.
- 2 x inflatable dinghy tenders for quick pick ups after the dives and for taking guests on beach excursions.
- 1 general equipment rinse tank and 1 camera rinse tank.
- Camera table.
- Deck towels provided.
- Electricity: 24 hrs. 220v. 2 pin round sockets.
The Phinisi price
For Phinisi’s Thailand schedule and prices visit: https://thailandliveaboards.com/boats/the-phinisi/
10% discount for non diving partners
Price includes: Dive guide, tanks, weights & belt, all meals, soft drinks, fresh coffee, towels, round trip transfers from Phuket main beach hotels, Khao Lak hotels and Phuket international airport.
Price excludes: Equipment rental, dive computer rental (diving with a computer is compulsory), alcoholic drinks (beer and wine can be purchased on board), port & park fees, dive insurance (mandatory).
The Phinisi schedule
3-10 Jan (7d 7n)
10-17 Jan (7d 7n)
18-28 Jan (10d 10n)
29 Jan-5 Feb (7d 7n)
5-12 Feb (7d 7n)
13-23 Feb (10d 10n)
24 Feb-3 Mar (7d 7n)
4-11 Mar (7d 7n)
12-22 Mar (10d 10n)
23-30 Mar (7d 7n)
31 Mar-7 Apr (7d 7n)
8-18 Apr (10d 10n)
19-26 Apr (7d 7n)
15-22 Jan (7d 7n)
22-29 Jan (7d 7n)
30 Jan-9 Feb (10d 10n)
10-17 Feb (7d 7n)
17-24 Feb (7d 7n)
25 Feb-7 Mar (10d 10n)
8-15 Mar (7d 7n)
15-22 Mar (7d 7n)
23 Mar-2 Apr (10d 10n)
3-10 Apr (7d 7n)
10-17 Apr (7d 7n)
18-28 Apr (10d 10n)
The Phinisi itinerary
Embarkation: BC Badin Resort Ranong Thailand at 1200h (12 noon)
Disembarkation: BC Badin Resort Ranong Thailand at 0900h (9.00 am)
Nearest airport Ranong Thailand (UNN), served exclusively from Bangkok. You must arrive by latest 11.00 am on the day of embarkation, we recommend staying one night in Ranong prior to the trip. On the final day your flight out of Ranong airport should not be before 12 noon, due to possible delays at Myanmar immigration.
If you stay in Phuket prior to the trip a shared shuttle service is available in the morning of embarkation. The minibus ride from Phuket to Ranong is a 5 hour drive. The same free shuttle service is available after the cruise, estimateled drop off time at Phuket airport is 1600 hrs.
Book / Enquiry
- Tell us the dates you are interested in. We’ll check available options and provide you with a clear breakdown of prices.
- When you are ready to go ahead and book we’ll reserve your place(s) and email you the secure online payment instructions.
- 30% deposit to confirm your booking. Payment is online by credit card or paypal (no booking fee or credit card fee), or by bank transfer.
- Balance payable 90 days before the trip departure date.