“Cheng I Sao” liveaboard
New in 2018. The Phinisi was custom built for diving in Indonesia in 2007 and has hosted liveaboards in Indo, Thailand and the Maldives. Now back in Thailand, she is cruising the best of the Andaman Sea and further north into Myanmar’s Mergui archipelago.
On board you will find 7 plush cabins with private bathrooms. Each cabin has individually controlled AC and fans. Choose between two double bed cabins, three twin bed cabins and two quad share cabins for a total of 18 guests.
Communal areas include an indoor lounge where you can relax, find the coffee machine, and the charging stations for your electronics. The Phinisi features a comfortable shaded outdoor area for relaxing and dining as well as a spacious dive deck. There is also a sundeck with cushioned loungers and bean bags to comfortably soak up the stunning Andaman sea views.
The food served on board is plentiful and delicious. It’s a mix of international and Asian cuisine served buffet style.
The atmosphere on board is relaxed and the crew makes you feel at home. The dress code is casual: shorts, t-shirts and bare feet.
- Built in 2007. Relaunched in Thailand in 2018
- Length 34m, breadth 8m, draft 2.4m
- Max 18 guests in 7 air conditioned cabins.
- Hull material: Wood
- Engines: 1 x 380 hp
- Generators: 2 x 50x
- Compressors: 2
- Nitrox available upto 32% (extra charge applies)
- Tanks are 12 litre aluminium. 1 litre tanks are available for an extra charge.
- Tank valves are DIN and INT fitting.
- Safety equipment: 2 x life rafts, EPIRB, VHF radio, EFR trained crew, First aid kit, emergency oxygen, sat nav, depth sounder, satellite phone, smoke detectors.
- Cruising speed: 8 knots
- Crew: 12
- PADI dive courses available.
- 2 x inflatable dinghy tenders for quick pick ups after the dives and for taking guests on beach excursions.
- 1 general equipment rinse tank and 1 camera rinse tank.
- Camera table.
- Deck towels provided.
- Electricity: 24 hrs. 220v. 2 pin round sockets.
The Phinisi price
- Twin bed cabin with private en-suite bathroom: USD 3,500 per diver
- Double bed cabin with private en-suite bathroom: USD3,500 per diver
- Quad (four share) cabin with private en-suite bathroom: USD 2,625 per diver
- Twin bed cabin with private en-suite bathroom: USD 5,000 per diver
- Double bed cabin with private en-suite bathroom: USD 5,000 per diver
- Quad (four share) cabin with private en-suite bathroom: USD 3,750 per diver
Price includes: Dive guide, tanks, weights & belt, all meals, soft drinks, fresh coffee, towels.
Price excludes: Equipment rental, dive computer rental (diving with a computer is compulsory), alcoholic drinks (beer and wine can be purchased on board), port & park fees, dive insurance (mandatory).
For Phinisi’s Thailand schedule and prices visit: https://thailandliveaboards.com/boats/the-phinisi/
The Phinisi schedule
9-16 Jan 2025 (7d 7n)
16-23 Jan 2025 (7d 7n)
24 Jan-3 Feb (10d 10n)
4-11 Feb (7d 7n)
10-17 Mar (7d 7n)
The Phinisi itinerary
Embarkation: Ranong Thailand
Disembarkation: Ranong Thailand
Book / Enquiry
- Tell us the dates you are interested in. We’ll check available options and provide you with a clear breakdown of prices.
- When you are ready to go ahead and book we’ll reserve your place(s) and email you the secure online payment instructions.
- 30% deposit to confirm your booking. Payment is online by credit card or paypal (no booking fee or credit card fee), or by bank transfer.
- Balance payable 90 days before the trip departure date.