“Cheng I Sao” Thailand liveaboard
New in 2018. The Phinisi was build in Indonesia in 2007 and has dived Indo, Thailand and the Maldives. She’s now back in Thailand cruising the best of the Andaman Sea and further north into Myanmar’s Mergui archipelago.
7 plush cabins with private bathrooms. Each cabin has individually controlled AC and fans.
There are two double bed cabins, three twin bed cabins and two quad share cabins for a total of 18 guests.
Communal areas include an indoor lounge where you can find the charging stations for your electronics and the media center for listening to music or watching a video of your day’s diving.
There is a shaded outdoor area for relaxing and dining. There is also a sundeck with cushioned loungers.
The food served on board is plentiful and delicious. It’s a mix of international and Asian cuisine served buffet style.
The atmosphere on board is relaxed. The dress code is casual, shorts, t-shirts and bare feet.
- Built in 2007. Relaunched in Thailand in 2018
- Length 34m, breadth 8m, draft 2.4m
- Max 18 guests in 7 air conditioned cabins.
- Hull material: Wood
- Engines: 1 x 380 hp
- Generators: 2 x 50x
- Compressors: 2
- Nitrox available upto 32% (extra charge applies)
- Tanks are 12 litre aluminium. 1 litre tanks are available for an extra charge.
- Tank valves are DIN and INT fitting.
- Safety equipment: 2 x life rafts, EPIRB, VHF radio, EFR trained crew, First aid kit, emergency oxygen, sat nav, depth sounder, satellite phone, smoke detectors.
- Cruising speed: 8 knots
- Crew: 12
- PADI dive courses available.
- 2 x inflatable dinghy tenders for quick pick ups after the dives and for taking guests on beach excursions.
- 1 general equipment rinse tank and 1 camera rinse tank.
- Camera table.
- Deck towels provided.
- Electricity: 24 hrs. 220v. 2 pin round sockets.
The Phinisi price
Prices Nov 2019 – May 2020
7 nights – Mergui Archipelago
- Twin bed cabin with private en-suite bathroom: USD 2,450 per diver
- Double bed cabin with private en-suite bathroom: USD 2,450 per diver
- Quad (four share) cabin with private en-suite bathroom: USD 1,950 per diver
10 nights – Mergui Archipelago
- Twin bed cabin with private en-suite bathroom: USD 3,450 per diver
- Double bed cabin with private en-suite bathroom: USD 3,450 per diver
- Quad (four share) cabin with private en-suite bathroom: USD 2,900 per diver
10% discount for non diving partners
Price includes: Dive guide, tanks, weights & belt, all meals, soft drinks, fresh coffee, towels, round trip transfers from Phuket main beach hotels, Khao Lak hotels and Phuket international airport.
Price excludes: Equipment rental, dive computer rental (diving with a computer is compulsory), alcoholic drinks (beer and wine can be purchased on board), marine national park fees, dive insurance (mandatory).
The Phinisi schedule
May to Oct – season closed
4-11 Jan (7d 7n) – 20% Off (US$1,560)
11-18 Jan (7d 7n) – 20% Off (US$1,560)
19-29 Jan (10d 10n)
30 Jan-6 Feb (7d 7n)
6-13 Feb (7d 7n)
14-24 Feb (10d 10n)
25 Feb-3 Mar (7d 7n)
4-11 Mar (7d 7n)
12-19 Mar (7d 7n)
20-30 Mar (10d 10n)
1-8 Apr (7d 7n)
8-18 Apr (10d 10n)
19-26 Apr (7d 7n)
The Phinisi itinerary
Book / Enquiry
- Tell us the dates you are interested in. We’ll check available options and provide you with a clear breakdown of prices.
- When you are ready to go ahead and book we’ll reserve your place(s) and email you the secure online payment instructions.
- 30% deposit to confirm your booking. Payment is online by credit card or paypal (no booking fee or credit card fee), or by bank transfer.
- Balance payable 90 days before the trip departure date.